DataGrabber UPDATE – Jun. 12, 2011
For those of you who are not Canadian, you don’t know this, but it’s one of our national past-times to complain about the weather. It’s been a cold winter and spring. And we complain. Now it’s a hot late spring and it will be a hot, humid summer. And we still complain again. It never seems to be in the Goldilocks’ “just-right” zone. So this summer I’ve decided I’m breaking with the canuck tradition (BTW, Go Canucks!) and will embrace the heat and humidity. Yes, hot weather, BRING IT ON! Maybe it’s hubris to say that my about-face is an endurance challenge, but I’m determined to enjoy every minute of the worst our global-warming, fossil-fuel smogged world has to offer.
My secret weapon in this? I just think of me shivering in my car on an early January morning in -40 windchill weather! Heat doesn’t seem so bad in a wider frame of reference!
So my message today is for everyone to enjoy the weather… take a day (or two) off to just revel in the warmth or coolness of the day (depending on where in the world you are). And remember that everything that happens in our lives (good, bad, or indifferent) must be compared against a wider spectrum and frame of reference that the moment we’re in. It’s funny that while Canadians complain about the weather (practically every day!), we make larger generalizations about the weather over the span of a month or a year (ie. “last summer was a good summer!” etc.). So maybe this year won’t be so bad (weather-wise) by this time next year.
Is there a point to this? Sort of. Perhaps it’s my veiled reference to the recent outages the datagrabber.org site has been struggling with (and the subsequent reactions to it), or the comments in some of the Facebook game pages from visitors on datagrabber.org who feel we’ve not added enough ‘quality/content’ to our Backyard Monsters or CityVille game hints etc.? Or perhaps I’m just talking about the weather. I’ll leave it for you all to decide. Truth be told, I’m humbled and honoured that you’ve read this far! Haha! (When all else fails, go to self-deprecating humour).
Oh and I will extend my message out to my valued volunteers to take the time as well to enjoy our beautiful world! Just not too much time.. afterall, there’s updating to do!
Welcome back volunteer mod mollygrun who has gone and returned to and from Indonesia from the United States since my last update. We welcome you back and thank the good Lord you arrived safely!
And now… here’s what we accomplished…
- We added a new page and data chart for The Price Is Right Punch A Bunch game
- We also added a new page and data charts (main & showcase) for The Price Is Right – 1970′s (seventies) Edition
- The DataGrabber Member Forum surpassed 1430 members so far which is consistent and steady growth. It’s a great community and if you’re not registered yet… REGISTER NOW! If you are registered, keep posting and contribute to the discussion and/or submission posting.
- During the past month, we’ve continued to add more updates to Family Feud, The Price Is Right, Wheel of Fortune and Millionaire. Thanks to all those submitters!
- I’m pleased to advertise the CityVille blueprint guide which is an amazing roadmap to rocking your Cityville account. Here’s a link to where you can purchase the CityVille cheat and walkthrough guide…
- I received tremendous feedback from my last post including your similar stories regarding learning a new skill as a child (like I did with juggling!). It was a pleasure to read everyone’s feedback, thoughts, and personal stories. Thank you for your contributions… and please continue to share your feedback, and reply to any of the emails you receive. I love hearing from our valued members. It fuels me to keep this community relevant, vibrant, strong, and active. So I cannot underestimate how important your personal emails are to me and datagrabber.org. Thank you … thank you… thank YOU!
Don’t forget to visit, register, read, and post in the FORUMS!
Keep Playing. Keep Sharing.