“He pulls a knife, you pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue…that’s the Chicago way.”
Does this line sound familiar? Yes, you are right! It’s from the movie Untouchables: the famous movie that depicted the infamous gangster era in America. And yes I am talking about the legendary group that has captured the imagination of people for decades. Now with the advent of Facebook, gangsters or in this case, the mafia, has invaded the world once again. Zynga introduces the world to Mafia Wars. It’s the game that gives you the opportunity to become the Godfather of your own organized crime empire!
Mafia Wars is a world renowned multiplayer browser game. The game won the 2009 Webby Award People’s Voice Winner in the Games category. The concept of the game is about organizing your own mafia and making it the strongest organized crime family in Facebook. You can equip your mafia with blazing guns, hard as nails armor, and cools vehicles of your own choice. You can buy properties and make trillions, expand your operations around the world in Cuba, Moscow, Bangkok and battle with other player’s mafia family for total crime domination.
At the start of the game you must choose what character type you will be using. There are three different types of characters you can choose from; each one has its own unique advantages and disadvantages. You can be a….
Mogul – The mogul is the money making type. The character type has a strong advantage when it comes to generating cash compared to its counterparts. Normally, the money from your business flows in every 1 hour but a mogul type has the feature of generating money every 54 minutes. You can also become bagman when you choose the mogul type. As a bagman you have the special ability of gaining double money in performing jobs.
- Advantages – The mogul can accumulate money very fast. Money buys you weapons, vehicles, and armor for your mafia members increasing your mafia’s strength. It will also be easy for you to earn mafia achievements involving money.
- Disadvantages – Money is important in the early part of the game. When you reach level 40 and higher though, all the appropriate weapons, vehicles, and armor for your level will no longer be available for purchase. You can only get these items as loots by accomplishing jobs, winning fights, and as free gifts sent to you by your friends. Money basically becomes obsolete later in the game.
Maniac – The maniac is the workaholic type. You can regenerate energy faster compared to the other mafia types. The maniac type gives you the capacity to regenerate 1 energy every 2 minutes instead of 3 minutes.
- Advantages – Maniacs can regenerate energy faster, thus they can naturally perform more jobs than the other types. This grants the maniac faster level up. You are also eligible as button man to get chances on attack bonuses.
- Disadvantages – This type is not good for fighting. Your attack bonuses appear rarely. Maniac types generally choose fights that they are sure they can win: either by weapon and armor superiority or advantage in mafia members.
Fearless – This character is the fighting type. You can regenerate health faster compared to the other types. Health regeneration is at 2 minutes instead of three.
- Advantages – Faster health regeneration in damage made by fights. You will also be eligible for becoming the top wheelman in your family which gives you the chance to have no cost in energy when performing jobs.
- Disadvantages – When you have lots of money you really don’t need to worry about your health because you can always go to the hospital! Going to the hospital grants you full health.
Consider these advantages and disadvantages when choosing your character type. Your character type is a big factor in measuring your success in this game.
Finally, you may be asking: What is the best type?
I chose the maniac type in my Mafia Wars account. I love this character type because it gives me an edge in the level up department. Energy shortage can really piss you off especially when you have a job you want to finish immediately. But it is really up to you on which type you are comfortable using. In every game, it always depends on how a player uses ones character type to its maximum potential. It all boils down to how you use your character’s advantages to work for you.
There’s more Mafia Wars Tips, Hints, and Strategies. Feel free to contribute your own tips! 🙂