Has it really been that long? Christmas is almost here. 2012 is around the corner. Finding the true meaning of Christmas is practically a cliche now. We often pay lip service, open our wallets a bit and quickly justify how we are ‘good’ people who care about the less fortunate. And that’s not untrue. But I think the real magic of the holidays isn’t as much a seasonal awareness of the poor, but how far the legacy carries into the new year. Wouldn’t it be great if we could bottle up that “Christmas Spirit” – you know, that warm and fuzzy feeling of good will towards men/women – and dispense doses regularly throughout the year. Imagine what a world this could be!
I know I witnessed the magic of Christmas when my son chose (without my prompting) to donate his brand new Hot Wheels (still in packaging!) instead of his open ones. That’s not easy for a 5-year-old, but he was so taken by the idea that it may be the only gift another boy his age receives. What he didn’t realize is that there was another gift in there too… the gift of a father’s pride. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!
Getting to the business of the day, the DataGrabber site is going strong with a lot of heavy usage which is hopefully helping your game! I mention time and time again how your contributions of time, volunteerism, interest, forum posts, and kind words and comments is what makes this project so special.
So here’s where Santa is leaving under the tree…
- The DataGrabber Comment Forums is almost approach the next millenium with 1963 members and counting! Would love to see more new members posting data, joining the conversation, or just yaking away! 🙂 And I got a number of emails with the correct answer to my question regarding the historical significance of our last member count (1789). Indeed, it WAS the start of the French Revolution. Way to go!
- Our email VIP newsletter is still over 4300 strong growing every month!
- We continue to update the Facebook Family Feud Answers, Facebook Price Is Right list , Facebook Wheel of Fortune answers, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Facebook correct answers, and the new kid on the block: Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? Facebook answer list. Keep the good work coming!
- Thanks again to our mods and updaters: mollygrun, priceisrightrules, and sheenar. Also, a shout out to our newest ‘volume’ contributor: almightytora.
- In other news, as announced through the forums, mollygrun has taken on the position of Forum Moderator/Administrator in addition to her help in updateing the TPIR and other data. Thanks for your continued help and work with DataGrabber.org! So if you see old posts archived nicely and and some stuff moved around to make using the forum easier and better, you have mollygrun to thank!
- Don’t forget to “LIKE” any of the DataGrabber.org site pages for Facebook!!
- Keep the good stuff flowing!
On behalf of everyone, I want to wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmahanakwanzaka! All the best in 2012 and please remember to be kind to your loved ones – not just strangers – over the holidays… 🙂
Keep Playing. Keep Sharing.