I hope everyone had a fun, safe, and low-calorie holidays! Err.. scratch that last one for me at least. I love chocolate, but I don’t think I can look at another chocolate treat ’till July!
Nothing like solving the ‘calorie overload’ by sitting in front of my computer to do updates! Ha ha! Actually, I’m overdue. The holidays saw a bit less activity on the site – understandably of course. Even my mods took some time off. We also lost a valuable volunteer who was instrumental in prompt site updates. So let me apologize in advance if things seem… er… slower here. That will change rapidly in 2011 as I have some big plans for the site and a lot more content coming your way! Also, I’m thrilled to announce our first ever DataGrabber.org Contest winner!
The winning entry was chosen at random from all current email newsletter signups.
The prize was an Official The Price Is Right Electronic Game.
And the prize goes to…. ….
I’ve already contacted the winner and she will receive her prize by mail in the next 10-14 days. Now the exciting news! I actually have 2 The Price Is Right Electronic Games! I just wanted to see if this contest would be a success or not before making another announcement! So, watch for details soon as I will be giving another one of these away!
Our award-winning Forum (just kidding, though I’ll give it a “Best Forum Ever” award myself *lol*) just passed 500 members today which is a huge milestone! Congratulations and thanks to all the members who’ve signed up and contribute daily. I highly encourage everyone to check out the Forums and join the discussion. It makes our community strong and vibrant.
Over the past month I’ve received a lot of positive feedback and encouragement to continue to do what we do. Maybe it was the Christmas spirit, but I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your comments, feedback, and kind words. It’s a lot of hard work maintaining the site and answering each email I receive personally. But I’m passionate about DataGrabber.org so it’s a labour of love. When I receive such sincere and encouraging emails and posts, it not only counters the negative feedback I occasionally receive, but it also fuels me to keep working harder at this site and make it better for everyone. So, THANK YOU ALL!
I also want to again thank the volunteer mods, data combiners, and data submitters for all their contributions. I can’t do it all alone, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
So what are the updates? Here we go….
- We continue to update the Feud and TPIR lists. We’re a bit behind due to the loss of a volunteer, but we should be up to date by this week. Keep submitting!
- Feud data is also being rapidly updated. I’m still looking for a volunteer who can dedicate some time to helping out!
- New Volunteer! Please join me in warmly welcoming K2Mookey to the team! She has kindly lending a hand to help keep the Feud lists up to date. *applause*
- I’ve been getting some emails from members confused about the email sign up and access to game data and/or lists. Just to be clear, the VIP Newsletter (email) sign-up is to get extra tips, information, special offers, contests, etc. via email. This is general information that isn’t directly posted or easily found online. It’s for the true fans of DataGrabber. It also serves as a platform for me to send out site updates (like this one) or whenever there are disruption or outages as was recently the case. The actual TPIR, Feud and other list data, strategy page etc. are all accessible by ANYONE through the dropdown menu in the header of the website. You do NOT need to sign up to access that information. Also, if you wish to join the Forum, you will have to take a small step to register and create an identity/avatar for the Forum. I will try to clarify this in the FAQ as well since there seems to be a lot of confusion lately about this.
- The activity on DataGrabber.org has been maxing out existing server capacity recently, so upgrades will be made to make the site faster, more secure, and more stable. There may be some minor disruptions during this process, but in the end everyone will benefit! I have never anticipated how popular and trafficked this website would be. Moving to a dedicated server is considerably more expensive than the current set up, but I promise I will do everything possible within my ability (and pocketbook!) to keep this site running smoother and better.
- Working on compiling data for more Facebook games… coming soon.
- And watch for another contest announcement soon…
Thanks again for reading this, using DataGrabber.org and/or contributing to the site. I wish everyone all the best in 2011! Here’s hoping it will be a good year for health, wealth, happiness, and all the important things in your life!
Keep Playing. Keep Noting.