“SPOOOOOOKY!!!!”. My five year old seems to thinks this is the most hilarious word in the English language. And seeing him convulse in a fit of giggles at the mere “spoo-” sound is highly infectious. Who can’t laugh at that?
We moved to a house in an older neighbourhood with mature trees for the first time (we lived in tree-less subdivisions prior). Where I saw a lawn heavily in need of raking, my son saw a natural playground ripe for awesome fun. As he kicked the leaves into piles to run and jump into, I looked on until he chased me with handfulls of nature’s bounty. How can you resist a super-charged happy kid? I found myself playing alongside my son in the piles of leaves and enjoying every minute of it. Kids help grown-ups rediscover the fun and sillyness in life. What a gift.
I’ve always been inspired and motivated by the Autumn season. It’s a time of contemplation, serious creativity, and an appreciation for the larger natural world we are a part of. It’s also time for me to take stock of the year and panic about just how much more work still needs to be done!
I meant to update last month, but life got in the way. However I’m back now and hopefully will try to be a bit more regular in my communication. Incidentally, for those who don’t know, I DO update the site regularly on a once-to-twice-a-week basis thanks to the mod(s), updaters, volunteers, contributers, and others who help keep the site fresh and accurate. What I sometimes fail to do is communicate directly to all of you with the specific updates to DataGrabber.org on a timely basis. But if you’re reading this, you’re getting the update now! 🙂
Before I break into the bullet list, let me take this moment to wish all of you a safe, healthy, fun and happy HALLOWEEN! For those who do not celebrate this event, have a safe and fun Harvest, Fall, Thanksgiving, or whatever you celebrate at this time of year!
Now get ready for the updates…. – BOO!
- At time of writing, our DataGrabber User Forums have 1789 members to date! Thanks for joining, contributing, and/or lurking on our forums. For extra trivia value, what historical event is significant with that particular number? 🙂
- We still get the question a lot about the difference between the VIP email list and forums. Remember, these are two different sign-ups. The forum is where you can speak to the DataGrabber community at large and contribute data, discussion, or opinion freely and easily (and anonymously through whatever chosen username). The VIP email list is a sign-up for direct emails, offers, information, breaking news, updates etc. via email ONLY from DataGrabber.org administration. REGISTER NOW FOR BOTH!!! There’s over 4250 members currently signed on to our email list.
- As usual, more updates added to Family Feud, The Price Is Right, Wheel of Fortune and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Facebook Game. Thanks to everyone for submitting data!
- The biggest and most exciting news is of course the NEW game we added to DataGrabber.org: Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? Facebook game! We’ve got a great start on the data thanks to mollygrun and our growing list of user-contributors! Keep the submissions coming!
- We also added the Facebook “Like” button on our pages. We don’t have a Facebook page for obvious reasons – it would probably get shut down by Facebook, BUT there’s no reason why you can’t “Like” the site and link it in your Facebook profile and newsfeed. That helps keep the site alive and healthy which keeps it getting better and better. So please don’t forget to “like” DataGrabber.org and share the link to whatever your social media platform of choice is! Thanks a million!
- Big thanks to mollygrun, priceisrightrules, and sheenar for the updates and solid work you do for all us Data Grabbers out there! And thanks to the recent NEW contributors to DataGrabber.org! You know who you are!
- Last, my comments box needs to be filled once more. So don’t shy away from sending me your thoughts, feedback, compliments, criticisms, death threats, insults, whatever! I love hearing from anyone reading this. I promise I will try and respond to each and every one of you personally! 🙂
You’re on our mailing list already? Why not joing our FORUMS? If already a member, why not post a question? Or contribute? Or just wish everyone a Happy Halloween? 🙂 We need to hear from you today!
Happy Boo-Day, Everyone! Don’t eat too much candy! 🙂
Keep Playing. Keep Sharing.